Version 0.0.1 - January 2015¶
- The initial skeletor release contains powerful decorators and utility classes for use with SQLAlchemy databases.
- The core things needed to support a databse-backed application are configuration, logging, and database context/session management.
- Configuration is used for getting credentials since they should not live alongside the library and application code.
- Logging is needed for reporting database and application errors.
- Database context management is needed to streamline the work needed to establish database connections and transactions.
- Skeletor’s database decorators allow you to tag a function as a “mutator”, which means that calling it without an existing context will create a context, start a transation, and call into the function. If the function raises any exceptions then the transaction is automatically rolled back by the database context manager.